Sunday, June 16, 2013

Butterfly Card

I have been on a little bit of a shopping splurge as of late resulting in new supplies piling up all around me.

While cleaning up and organizing them I realized that I have quite a few items I've purchased not so long ago that still have not been used despite all my good intentions.
So my next few projects feature some of these slightly neglected items.

First up an older SU stamp set - Butterfly Prints which I purchased off Ebay, and the SU Holiday Frame embossing folder I bought a few month back with my seasonal SU order. I love this folder and do not think it should be limited to Christmas cards.

This is what I came up with using the above two items.


Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Pink patterned paper - source unknown (old scrap)
Ink: pearlescent white (Club Scrap), Chestnut Roan Chalk ink (ColorBox), Pretty in Pink (SU)
Punches: SU Butterfly, SU Large Oval
Dies: Sizzix Tim Holtz Elegant flourish
Paper flowers (dollar store find, the pearls were already attached)
Stamps: SU BUtterfly Prints (Greeting) SU Punch Potpourri (Butterfly)
 
After embossing the pink paper I sanded the raised edges and then inked with the white pearlescent ink to bring out the design.
 
Doesn't look Chrismassy at all, does it ?
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...