Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Balloon Celebration

As, one can never have too many birthday cards I made another using the Balloon Celebration stamp set and the matching punch.
Unlike the Balloon Builder stamps these balloon images do not have a smooth/rounded outline but more of a hand drawn jagged edge. This results in a fairly uneven white border when using the matching balloon punch. Honestly, I'm not sure quite how I feel about this uneven white border yet.



I do like the secondary "shadow" image for the lower part of the balloon. I tried both using the same ink colour to create a slightly darker (second stamp) look and using a slightly darker shade. Either will work well.

I kept the focus of my card on the pretty balloons and popped them slightly from my embossed cloud background.
 




Everything was matted on green (I inked my white cardstock for a perfect match) and attached using foam tape. The greeting was also popped with foam.
And as most cards feel incomplete to me without a tiny touch of sparkle, I added a few little rhinestones.


Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections - white
Stamps: Balloon Celebration - SU
Embossing folder: Clouds - Darice
Punch: Balloon Bouquet Punch - SU, 1" square - SU (for banner tail)
Ink: Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler - SU, Tuxedo Black - Memento
Misc.: foam mounting squares/tape, rhinestones





Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon. 

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...