Thursday, September 15, 2016

Rainbow Fish

As you may have noticed I have not used the fish image in the By the Tide stamps set yet.
I left this for later as I really intended to play with different finishes.

I remember when I was little and my dad took me fishing it was my job to help clean the fish we caught. Growing up in BC this consisted of many salmon. I remember being rather fascinated by the pearlescent rainbow colours of the salmon scales.


I think I achieved a rather lovely shimmering finish on these little fish, although be it they are not salmon and I did take some rather large liberties with these rainbow colours.

The background was created by sponging the cardstock using light blue ink. I then stamped the "bubbles" with a matching darker shade and SU Gorgeous Grunge stamp and the sandy ground in Sahara Dessert using a stamp from Timeless textures. Next I stamped the coral using Calypso Coral and the grass using Old Olive and Mossy Meadows ink. I repeated the same to create the card interior.

 Next I the jelly fish (up-side-down) on the card front only using Versamark and white embossing powder.

The fish were stamped on a separate piece of white cardstock in black ink and coloured using alcohol markers. I then went over them with my Versamark pen and embossed with SU's Iridescent Ice embossing powder. I hand cut the fish from the cardstock, shaped them from the back using a stylus and attached to the card front using foam tape.
it is rather difficult to catch the shimmer on photos, but here is a close up so you can see it a little better.


The card front was trimmed to 3.75" x 5" and double matted on dark teal and sand coloured cardstock. A off white piece of twine was tied along the right edge and then the card front was attached to a white card front (A2 size) with foam tape.


The envelope flap was stamped to match the scene on the card front; sand, bubbles and coral using the same ink colours.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white and sand, Bazzill teal
Stamps: By the Tide, From Land to Sea, Gorgeous Grunge, Timeless Texture,
              Remebering Your Birthday - all SU
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Sahara Sand, Mossy Meadow, Olive Green - SU
        Tuxedo Black - Memento, Versamark,
Alcohol markers: BG10, BG13, BG15, BG18, BG70, BG72, G00, G02, R11, R22 - All Copic
Misc.: hite embossing powder, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Versamarker, foam tape/mounting squares, twine

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon. 

1 comment :

  1. Such pretty colorful fish, and love their shiny scales. The inside is pretty too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...