Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sticky Note Covers

During one of my frequent visits to a local dollar store (Dollarama) I found several cute little sticky pads with little images one them.
This led to me making these cute little sticky note covers as stocking stuffers this past Christmas for the girls in our family.


I was going to add the instructions on how to make the actual covers when I came across this old post at the Paper Art Studio. As these are very similar to the ones I made I figure the link will be sufficient for the basic idea on how to make them

I customized mine to fit the size of my sticky pads (which are a little thicker then the regular 3 x 3" post it). I also added a little extra cardstock around the edges, especially the bottom as I wanted my covers to close.

I used Halo button snaps and string/yarn to make the closures. You can easily make your own snaps though using a 3/4" circle punch and 2 brads or eyelets.

the little gel pens are from Dollarama, they come in 5 packs.

Here is a closer look of each sticky pad and cover.

 
As you can see I matched my cover to the design on the notes. I also personalized tit with the recipient’s name. Punches used: SU Owl Builder, EK large Flourish Label and SU Word Window (double punched to shorten). The letters were stamped using an old MM magnet stamps set (Rumage). All edges are inked with Colorbox inks.
  
 
This one uses SU Blossom Builder and a 46mm circle. The rest is the same as above: SU Word Window (double punched to shorten). The letters were stamped using an old MM magnet stamps set (Rumage). All edges are inked with Colorbox inks.

 
Last but not least, we have the little owl one. SU Owl Builder, SU Bird builder and EK large Flourish Label punch. The rest, again is the same as the frst: SU Word Window (double punched to shorten). The letters were stamped using an old MM magnet stamps set (Rumage). All edges are inked with Colorbox inks.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...