Thursday, October 23, 2014

Sending You My Love

I have another fast and simple card to share today. I have to say I love the look of step up cards. It's amazing what a difference it makes to have the card front split into 3 sections. It seems to make the items "pop" a lot more than on a simple folded card.
 
I hope you aren't bored yet with my enthusiasm for the note tag punch because I'm not quite done yet.
Although today's  project is a fast & simple one I have several more involved designs coming up that will probably surprise you. If there is one punch you want to add to your collection I'd definitely recommend this one. The versatility is amazing!
 
As you can see below, my "punch art" really just consists of folding the note tag and adding a couple of lines in Smokey Slate to create a little mini envelope.
 
 
and here are the extra views from left and right angle:

 
 
You can see I've even finished the inside of the card, although the little hearts I added in the corners are hard to see. 
 
Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Ink: Smokey Slate, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso*, Basic Black - all SU
Ink marker: Smokey Slate - SU
Stamps: Many Happy Returns (greeting and envelope border **) - SU, Distress background - Impression Obsession, Soft Swirls background - SU, Music Notes background - Hero Arts
Punches: Word Window - SU, 1" square for banner tail (PB), various heart punches; these are all older. The largest curved one is an EK Success large Papershaper. The 2nd largest-wide heart on the font panel was a one time exclusive key chain punch (around 14 year old). The larger one used on the side panels is an old All Night Media punch and the little heart is from a Punch Bunch border punch (the heart is in the centre and on either side is a little spray of tear drops). But honestly, any small to medium heart shapes would work for this design.
Misc.: white gel pen, 3 x 1/16" clear rhinestones
 
* I don 't like when my stamps get stained form black ink. So quite often I use Early Espresso. It's usually dark enough to fool the eye and does not stain my rubber stamps the way black does.
 
** This stamp set came in 3 large stamps that I cut apart to make into little one line stamps. They all fit the word window perfectly and it makes the border designs more usable.
 
Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon for more punch art creations.

1 comment :

  1. What a sweet envelope, and a great step card too! Love your background stamping!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...