Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Welcome Spring Window Card

We have had some very unusually mild weather here in Calgary in the past few weeks. It's making me very hopeful for spring (all though I am afraid to rock the boat so to speak).

That in mind I felt inspired to make something that said "spring". I've been seeing a lot of cards made using the new SU stamps et "Indescribable Gift". It is a lovely spring blossom branch that can be coloured with markers. I don't own it yet but thought I'd create something with spring blossoms.

This is what I came up with (I bet it would look even prettier with the SU stamp):


I don't have any blendabilities (or other alcohol marker). I used my regular SU markers to try an shade the blossoms a little. In actual fact I was not too happy with the results and almost threw the coloured image away when my daughter advised she loved it and would like a card made with it.
So this little gem was born. I do love the window die and think it works really well with this image.

Here is a  peak at the inside of the card, which I made to match.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazill
Ink/Ink Markers: Blushing Bride, Rich Razzelberry - SU, Early Espresso
Stamps: Asian inspired - Fiskars, Easter Blossoms - SU
Embossing folder: Brick - Tim Holtz
Die: Door/Window - Impression Obsession
Misc.: Foam mounting squares, 2 x 1/8" silver brads.

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon for some St. Patrick's day creations.

3 comments :

  1. I love the window idea! Very pretty card! You mentioned the milder weather of late, I think that;s because the cold got pushed down to us!! ..... LOL I live in Pennsylvania and it's been freezing down here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the details in this card - the brick, the window, the view. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...