Monday, April 20, 2015

Secret Garden

Quite some time ago, before the set retired, I purchased the Secret Garden stamp set and matching thinlets only to place it on my shelf and forget about it. While putting away my latest SU order (had to take advantage of the free shipping offer) I came across the set again and realized I had yet to use it.

Here is the first card I made with the Secret Garden stamp set. I of course had to use my Blenadabilities, I still need lots of colouring practice after all.



As you can see I haven't had the chance to finish the inside of the card yet. I plan to add a coloured blossom with my greeting once I'm ready to I use it.
I chose bright spring tones and opted for embossed leaf stems for the background. I coloured these with my Blendabilities. My blossoms were die cut and popped with foam squares. I also added a little sequins as, in my opinion,  a bit of bling never hurts. 

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections
Alcohol markers: SU Blendabilities; Soft Sky, Daffodil Delight, Skin Tone, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler (blended with yellow to make the orange center)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies: Secret Garden Framelits - SU, Olivia Alphabet - Cuttlebug (greeting)
Stamps: Secret Garden - SU
Embossing Folder: Leafy Branch - Cuttlebug
Misc.: Gold sequins, 5/8" light blue organza ribbon, foam mounting squares

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

2 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...