Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Cardinal Christmas

It never fails. Every year when SU brings out their Holiday Catty my wish list consists of half the items in it, and once I've seen some of the amazing creations others have come up with it tends to increase even more.
I am never able to actually purchase all the great new products, which isn't necessarily a bad thing as one can only create so many cards, but sometimes there is a set of stamps or a punch that I miss out on an later regret no buying.

Last year's cardinal stamp set, Beauty of the Season, was one of those sets. I hesitated on ordering as at the time I had not ventured into the colouring/alcohol marker territory. However when the set retired I wished I had bought it. As luck would have it though, SU came out with an even better set this year (in my opinion anyway). Joyful Season, not only does it offers a cardinal outline image but the option to colour with stamps. Of course this set made it onto my must have list and arrived with my last SU order.

I finally had a chance to give it a try the other week. For the first card I opted to use the stamps for colouring. This provides a soft, almost watercolour look.


Supplies used;
Cardstock: Recollections, Brushed silver - SU
Stamps: Joyful Season - SU
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight - SU
Dies: Labels Framelits - SU, Wonderful Wreath - SU, Banners Framelits - SU
Embossing folder: Petals-a-Plenty - SU
Misc.: black marker, rhinestones, 5/8" silver organza ribbon, foam tape/mounting squares

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

2 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...