Thursday, February 11, 2016

Woodland view to the Meadow take 2

You may have noticed that I was not completely happy with my card from yesterday's post. I just couldn't get the mountain scape to look correct. So I gave the meadow scene another go, skipping the mountains in the background.

 
This time I chose a few smaller trees to fill in the background. I like this version much better.
I also managed to get the deer heads lined up a little better between the trees.
 
 
For those of you that haven't seen the technique used to have your stamped image only show in between the embossed trees, you can find instructions here.
 
It isn't as hard as it may sound, but does require a little bit of practise and coloring skills.
I started by sponging the dark brown ground at the bottom of my folder, then added the rich green. I then stamped the deer outline stamp followed by the trees. Note I coloured the tree stamp using my SU markers.
 
Next I slipped my precut card front into the embossing folder and ran it through my Cuttlebug. Then I coloured the deer and added a bit of shadow to one side of the embossed trees with Copics. I sponged a little light blue into the sky areas and finished the scene by adding the dark lines on my embossed tree bark using an SU marker.
 
To create the banners I cut my cardstock into strips the same width as the little banner punch and only inserted one end into the punch to create the tail.
 
Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections
Stamps: In the Meadow - SU, Many Happy Returns - SU
Embossing folder: Woodlands - SU
Punch: Little banner - SU
Ink: Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow, Soft Sky - SU, Tuxedo Black - Memento
Markers: Basic Black, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip - SU
Alcohol markers: W1, E11, E13, E31, 0 - Copic
Misc.: sponge dauber, foam mounting tape (sentiment)
 
Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon. 

3 comments :

  1. Love these cards. Had me stumped how to get the image behind the embossed image. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. I was wondering how you got the image behind the embossing.....thanks for enlightening me! I'm going to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful and serene scene.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...