Saturday, September 6, 2014

Vacation Album and New Punch Art Preview

Today I have the last three pages of my vacation album to share (I still can't beleive I finally finished it) and then a quick little preview of my next 2 punch art cards.

Back to Nature

 
 
I tried to keep the main focus on the scenic photos. The background was created using several coordinating paper scraps. I stamped the light coloured cardstock with two background stamps. The title was created with alphabet stamps and my SU bitty banner punch. The little banners were attached with mounting squares for added dimension and hung from a bit of baker's twine fastened with mini brads. I then added a few skeleton leaves that were attached with glue dots.
 
Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned paper: unknown (scraps left over from some heritage pages)
Background stamps: Wonderfully Worn - SU, Distress - Impression Obsession
Alphabet stamps: All Around Alphabet, upper and lower case - SU
Punch: Bitty banner - SU
Ink: Chocolate Chip - SU
Misc.: brown/white baker's twine, antique brass 5 x 1/8" mini brads, 4 skeleton leaves, foam mounting squares, glue dots
 
New Beginnings

 
Gorgeous sunrise photo from our trip.
I cut triangular scraps from light orange cardstock to re-create sun rays behind the photo. The edges of my rays, photo mat and tags were inked with coordinating colours. I created the title using white rub ones (who said these were no longer an "in" thing?) I also couldn't help myself, I had to add a little bit of embossed metal foil tape. My flourish die accent was inked in various colours to match my button.
 
Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Ink: Cajun Craze - SU, Crushed Curry - SU, Pumpkin Pie - SU, Early Espresso - SU
Die: Flourish 11 - Sizzlits - Sizzix, Tag- Accut Cut
Embossing Folder: Square Lattice - SU
Lettering: Making Memories - Simple Stated rub ons "Spring"
Misc.: 1" button, glue dots, aluminum foil tape.
 
Unexpected Guest

 
I actually created these cute little mice 2 years ago (around the same time as the bugs in my last post) and then never finished the layout. I am honestly not sure what punches I used, best I can do is guess.
 
Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Title: Stickers - Provo Craft, Chip Board letters: K & Co
Journelling: computer generated - Vintage Typewriter
Misc.: wiggle eyes, foam squares, chalk.
 
Punches used to create the basic mouse:
Head: Trimmed s. giant vase by PB, but you can easily use the ornament punch - SU,
Ear: 3/4" circle and 1/2" giant heart - PB
Legs: large heart - PB
Body: trimmed s. giant oval - PB
Hands:  small tulip - EK Papershaper
Nose: trimmed tiny heart - MU
Tails were created from various flourish dies - Sizzix.
The chubby mouse's body is a 1 3/4" circle.
 
And here is a sneak peek at my next punch art cards with an Asian theme.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...