Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Curled-up Snake Punch Art

As I may have mentioned before, my daughter loves everything Asian. Hence I have quite a few Asian themed stamps as well as many Kanji greetings. This card was made with her in mind (she's still trying to convince me to let her buy a pet snake while she's still living with us).


The Kanji background stamp was a bare rubber stamp purchased on ebay. No company name or anything noted. The red mat was hand cut as my die doesn't have a 1/8" mat. I created a little twisted knot at the top of my tassel, it served the purpose of shortening the tassel length and also looks better that way. Note I researched the meanings of certain animals and a snake, amongst other things, represents patience. I therefore chose the corresponding Kanji.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Die: Window Frames Framelits - SU
Ink: Real Red - SU, Basic Black - SU
Stamps: Oriental Characters/Kanji - unknown, Greeting - Kanji Collection 1 - Stamp Workz
Misc.: foam mounting squares, white gel pen, 5" gold tassel, corner rounder (for the greeting mat)


Full punch art instructions below:


Up next will be my panda card.

1 comment :

  1. Thanks Alex, I love your punch art and the snake is very cute.
    Rene from OZ xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...