Tuesday, May 26, 2015

New alcohol markers

Okay, I'll be honest. I just couldn't resist. As SU hasn't announced that they will be replacing the Blendabilites with new alcohol markers, I broke down and used the 30% off entire purchase Michael's coupon last week and invested in a few colours of Copic Sketch markers.
Of course that means I had to try them our right away as well.

Let me forewarn though, Michaels had a somewhat limited selection on hand (many colours where already sold out). I did my best to try and purchase compatible colours. I was able to find three in the same colour families but not necessarily in the same "saturation" range (I am planning on adding more markers to round out my colours to complete tones/sets). I list the marker used below, but they were not as easy to blend as they would have been if they were all in the correct "saturation" levels.
I do recommend that if you don't already have Copic and are planning on investing in some, try not to do what I did and instead buy correctly matched markers from the start if you can.

However, despite this little issue my cards turned out quite nice (imho).

First up is a pretty pink flower. I decided to stay with my current theme and used the butterflies basics stamp set.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections 110 Lbs white
Stamps: Butterfly Basics - SU, Simply Sketched - SU. Papillon Potpourri - SU
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo black, Soft Sky - SU
Alcohol markers: Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Skin Tone - SU, Pale Pink (RV10), Light pink (RV21), Dark Pink (RV34) - Copic
Punch: Bitty Butterfly
Misc.: foam mounting squares, 5/8" pink organza ribbon, pink sequins (Dollarama)

Second is a card in hues of purple, same stamp set.


Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections 110 Lbs white
Stamps: Butterfly Basics - SU, A Word for You - SU
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo black, Hello Honey, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Gray - SU
Alcohol markers: Old Olive, Daffodil Delight - SU, Lilac (V04), Violet (V09), Mallow V15) - Copic
Punch: Bitty Butterfly
Misc.:  5/8" purple/plum organza ribbon, gold sequins (Dollarama)

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

6 comments :

  1. Pretty flowers. I have two sets of Letreset ProMarkers that I use on occasion. They work well, but don't have the 3 shades like the Stampin' Up! ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job! Copies by far are the BEST! I have invested a lot into them and blendabilities and I have to say I like Copics much better by far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous.... I failed coloring in Kindergarten so I don't color but you do just stunning work..... Thanks for sharing your talent...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quick and easy cards but very lovely and color tones done perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards came out beautiful love the coloring and color combos. Thought I'd let you know about a few sites to get copics cheap great inventory: 1st icopic.com 2nd oozak.com icopic even sells blending trios. Also Sandy Allnock sells a hex chart that she created for matching up colors, she's a total copic guru I think you will enjoy her site. I'm curious how did you stamp the image before coloring because I don't see any black lines and the green is green and the flowers are pink or purple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Laurie, I have oozak bookmarked as a favourite site already. hand;e heard of the other one will have to check it out.
    I used Memento Tuxedo black ink to stamp the outline image. I didn't press too hard so it came out a little "charcoal" looking and not deep black. Guess that allowed the colour to be more hidden once I coloured it the image.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...