I love the Butterfly Framlits from SU. When I first saw them I knew I had to have them. I ordered them, got my package and set them aside. I used them once on my spring basket and then forgot about them.
I decided it was high time I put them to good use, especially as I need to be able to justify buying the new coordinating dies in the upcoming catty.
So I made a few cards this week. Here is my first card featuring these lovely dies.
I trimmed 2 pieces of white card to 4" x 5.25" and cut the large butterfly from the center of one.
I then coloured the butterfly die cut piece with my SU markers (Chocolate Chip and Cherry Cobbler), sprayed it with pearl glimmer mist and set it aside to dry.
I then took my second piece of cut card and watercolored it with Tangelo Tango and Hello Honey.
I also sprayed it with a bit of the pearl shimmer mist and set it aside to dry.
Once both where dry I glued the negative butterfly cut cardstock on top of the watercoloured piece and then glued the coloured die back into the opening.
I mounted it on my card front with foam for a little dimension.
My sentiment was stamped with StazOn black on glitter vellum.
Ink: StazOn black, SU - Tangelos Tango, Hello Honey
Markers: SU - Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbles
Stamp: Wonderful Words - SU
Die: Butterflies Thinlits - SU
Punch: 1" square (to make banner tail)
Misc.: scrap of vellum, 5/8" wine coloured organza ribbon, gold sequins, foam mounting squares, pearl shimmer mist