Thursday, March 12, 2015

Curvy Keepsake Easter Favours

On Easter we usually have family over for brunch and I like to decorate our table to match the occasion. Painted eggs are generally my centre piece (I have a white wire display in the shape of a rabbit that holds 1 dozen eggs). I also like to place a little favour on everyone's plate and the SU
Curvy Keepsake box is just the perfect size for this.

Here's the simple little design I came up with for this year.



As you can see each favour contains one little chocolate treat. I used little Lindt chicks and bunnies but I have seen other brands out there as well. Wal-Mart for example has some Belgium ones and even Doll-A-Ram had some last year that are imported from Germany.


I find the bunnies worked better in the actual Curvy Keepsake as the chick were a little taller. I therefore also made a "handles side" only version to accommodate a taller chocolate. I think either way these are just the cutest little things.


Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections 110 lbs white
Stamp: Sheltering Tree - SU
Ink: all SU, various colours for the blooms: Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, Perfect Plum, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz
Die: Curvy Keepsake - SU
Punch: 1 3/8" circle
Misc.: 5/8" organza ribbon, 6" length of ribbon trim (I found this lovely green and yellow flower one at Doll-A-Ram for $1.50 for a 5 yard spool), a few strands of Easter grass, double sided tape (to secure the treat)

Notes: I punched the whole into the centre one of the "handled" sides of the box shape. Then I stamped my grass and little flowers. Note you may wish to mask the area of the opposite box side when stamping the grass as the image is rather long and will reach to the side. After assembling the box I added a little double sided tape to the inside of the base. I stuck my treat to the centre and then bunched up a few Easter grass strands and placed them in front/around the chocolate character.
Tie the bow at the top, add the trim and your are done/. If you like you can add a little tag with a name or sentiment as well.

The tall treat wrapper was made using only the two "handled" sides of the die. I also trimmed the base to approx. 1/2 - 3/4" width (just enough to accommodate the treat.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

8 comments :

  1. These are adorable. Thanks so much sharing them. I love the sweet little floral scene you stamped on each too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet, I like the stamping and the chocolates peeking through the punched holes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb Alex, you are very creative.
    Rene from OZ xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Now I want to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is absolutely adorable and I already have everything I need to make it! It looks like I'll be making some of these this weekend! :) Thanks for sharing your talent with those of us that have difficulty coming up with things on our own (me)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, these are so cute and definitely on my gift list for Easter this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing these adorable treats. I made them up for my great nieces and nephews and they were delighted by them! And they discovered that once they'd eaten the chocolate bunny, they could fill the favor with jelly beans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never wanted the curvy keepsake but after all your posts I am hooked.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...