Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Lotus Blossoms

I have to take a little break form punch art this week in order to play with some of my new SU toys.
First up is my try at the Lotus Blossom SAB stamp set.

I absolutely love this stamp image and after seeing various lovely creations had to have it.

I discovered that this is one stamp you definitely need to experience with in order to get the desired distinct three shade effect. I had the best results when using black as my darkest colour.


I found that the contrast between my light and dark colours was not sufficient and had to stamp off the lightest to get it just right.

Here's a peek at the finished inside of the card as well. I opted for a third colour combination.
 

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white, 110 lbs
Ink: all SU - Real Red (stamped off once), Cherry Cobbler, Perfect Plum (stamped off once), Elegant Eggplant, Tangerine Tango (stamped off once), Cajun Craze, Basic Black, Pear Pizzazz, Always Artichoke
Stamps: Lotus Blossom - SU
Embossing folder: Elegant Lines - SU
Die: Apothecary Accents - SU
Misc.: 5 x 3/16" pearls, foam mounting squares

Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again soon.

5 comments :

  1. The black creates a pretty shadow!! Love that look, don't have this set myself, but have seen many variations using it. I think I like yours the best, again the black really makes it look three dimensional!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! The black makes such a difference! I used this stamp set at a recent SU party with just shades of a color family, and could not tell much difference between layers 2 and 3. I will use black in the future. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. Your color combination and the CAS syle is just great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the prettiest cards I've seen using this set. I love the effect the black gives it and love the embossing behind the image panel. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this on SCS and love it...and the colors are perfect with the black making all the difference! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...