Thursday, November 24, 2016

Sending Good Thoughts

I really love the colour combination of this third card in my floral gift set. I've always been a sucker for warm colours, especially orange and peach tones.


I started by masking the edges of my 3 3/4" x 5" piece of white cardstock leaving a rectangle approx. 2' x 3.5" in the center. I then sponged this in So Saffron and stamped the spots in Hello Honey. Once the ink was dry I removed the masking tape.

Next I stamped the outline image of the flowers on the left edge of the masked shape; followed by the colour blocking stamps to fill in the blossoms and the leaves. Then I stamped the greeting into the right side of the background.


The card front was embossed with a frame folder and then attached to the white card base using foam tape/mounting squares. A pretty peach organza bow was attached to the bottom of the flower stems and the flower center was embellished with 3 little rhinestones.


Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white
Stamps: Gift of Love - SU, Gorgeous Grunge - SU, Perfect Pennants - SU
Ink: So Saffron, Hello Honey, Wild Wasabi, Crisp |Canteloupe - SU,Tuxedo Black - Memento
Embossing folder: Distressed Frame - Sizzix - Tim Holtz
Misc.: Rhinestones, 5/8" peach organza ribbon, foam tape/mounting squares, masking tape, sponge.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon. 

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...