Wednesday, June 17, 2015

You've got this blossoms

For this card I decided to emboss the image in clear embossing powered. The white outline results in a much softer, almost watercolour like look compared to the usual bold black outline.


I opted to use just the blossom this time. The top and right one where stamped on my card layer, the left one was stamped on a scrap piece, hand cut and then popped onto the card with foam.

I also added shadows under all the blossoms with my Copic markers. I'm still practising, but am slowly getting the hang of it; although sometimes I notice after I've coloured a certain area that I didn't quite get the lighting correct, but I suppose practice makes perfect.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white, Bazzill
Stamp: You've Got This - SU
Ink: Versamark, Sahara Sand - SU
Alcohol markers: Copic - RV10, RV17, RV34, Y21, Y32, W1, W3. W5
Misc.: foam mounting squares, clear embossing powder

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.


2 comments :

  1. They're very pretty, I like the shadows behind them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep coloring away and I hear about the lighting, it throws me as well sometimes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...