Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sparkle & Shine, Pink stars

When I first looked at this pink star pattern on the tissue box my first thought went to my sister. She's always been more a "girly girl" and gravitates towards pink.

I had to put my own spin on things though and teamed up the pink with earthy brown.

What do you think:

 
 
I really like how these turned out. They seem to even have a bit of a masculine feel, dispite the peachy pink.

This is what the tissue box pattern looks like:


As you can see the back ground colour is variegated; lighter in the center and darker at the edged.  As with most tissue boxes this is again a tone-on-tone print.
 
I made 10 cards in total and again (as with the last project - teal blue tissue box) I only used half the box. I still have the 2 largest pieces left for a future project.
 
Here are close-ups of the first 4 cards:
 
 
Tools used: Punches - S. giant 72 mm oval (PB), small star (PB), decorative label (SU).
Expression: typed on my PC.
 

Tools used: Punches - S. giant star (Emagination). Expressions: typed on my PC


Tools used: Punches - large paper doll pillow (EK), curly label (SU), S. giant 56 mm circle (PB).
Expressions Stamp - SU



Tools used: Punches - Large 1 1/4" circle (PB), 42 mm scalloped square (PB)
Expressions stamp - SU

Note I accented most of the cards with small rhinestones, sparkles and liquid pearl. A few also small star brads.

Remaining 6 cards will be in the next blog post.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...