Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Double Embossing

Recently I came across a thread at Split Coast Stampers discussing double embossing using embossing folders. I found it rather intriguing and had to gave it a try.

This is the first one, it uses just one embossing folder.



I embossed white cardstock and then inked the wrong side with pumpin. I then embossed it again using the folder right-side-up and inked the swirls in Chestnut.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Stamps: SU Mixed Medley
Ink: ColorBox Chestnut Roan and the deep brown and pumpkin shade from Autumn Pastels Chalk pallet
Punches: SU scallop circle (1 1/4", 1 3/4" and 2 3/8"), SU Scallop trim border, SU Lace Ribbon border, 1/2" circle (PB)
Dies: SU Ovals (largest- scallop oval)
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug Swirls
1/8" off white satin ribbon
1/4" rhinestones
foam dots (each layer of the greeting is popped).

I always do the inside of my cards, thought I'd share this oen as well.

 
I used the smallest SU scallop circle punch (7/8") for the top flower, the rest of the supplies are as noted above.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...