Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Christmas in July

Eventhough it's summer, everywhere I look I see Christmas cards. To make things worse, all over the internet sneek peaks of SU's Holiday catalgue are popping up and I found myself liking a lot of it.
Considering I haven't been able to afford the items on my wishlist from the annual catalogue I sure don't have the funds for much in the Holiday special at the moment (my Birthday is coming up in 6 weeks though so I've been leaving plenty of hints with my family).

This promnpted me to look through my current inventory of Christmas stamps, which are by far the largest category of stamps (other than sentinements) that I own. While looking through my sets I quickly came to realized that many (if not most) had not been used more than a few times (if at all). And hoenstly, I doubt I'm the only one with this issue.

I therefore challenged myself to come up with at least 5 different designs for the most unused and never used sets.

I started with Stampin' Up's Season of Joy.

The first card I designed is very simple.
Deck the Halls:

 
 
I used only the triple flower and "Deck the Halls" portion of the large sentiment stamp.
My silver embossed accent was created by sticking self adhesive aluminium tape onto white cardstock which was then embossed and cut to shape. Flower images where hand cut and layered using foam squares. Greeting and flower banner are also foam mounted. The banners were hand cut.
 
Supplies used:
Stamps: Season of Joy - SU

Cardstock: Bazzill (I believe it's hunter green - my cardtsock supply is old and most colours are retired)
Ink: Olive Green - SU, Real Red - SU, Basic Black - SU
Embossing folder: Regal Flourishes - Sizzix - Tim Holtz
Misc.: scrap of wine red Magic Mesh, 1 x 1/4" rhinestone, foam mounting squares and aluminium foil tape.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...