Monday, August 29, 2016

Jar of Flowers Birthday

I had hoped to be able to post the next two cards prior to going on vacation but alas I ran out of time.
We just returned from a lovely trip in Kelowna earlier this week and I am settled in again and ready to return to the everyday.

The card I am sharing today was made for my dear aunt. As her birthrate was celebrated while on vacation I thought a stamped bouquet would fair better than bringing along a real one.


The card front was created using 2 coordinating scraps of patterned paper, attached on an angel and overlapping. The jar was stamped on a scrap piece of white trimmed into a rectangle. The stems, water and greenery were also stamped directed onto this cardstock. The blossoms and jar trim were stamped on a  seperate piece and then die cut.


The die cut pieces were attached in layers using different thicknesses of foam tape. I couldn't resist adding a bit of sparkle with some random sizes of clear rhinestones. The finished piece was then matted on coordinating cardstock and attached with 1/16" thick foam tape. The sentiment was stamped on another piece of scrap white paper, trimmed and slipped just under the left edge.


The inside of the card was finished using scrap patterned paper pieces and extra flower images.
I did add a sentiment to the inside of the card along with a personal message, but took my photo before doing so.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white
Patterned Paper: momenta Textured Cardstock, 6 x 6" pad
Stamps: Vertical greetings - SU, Jar of Love - SU,
Ink: Soft Sky, Sahara Sand, Calypso Coral, Tangerine Tango, Watermelon Wonder, Old olive, pear Pizzazz - all SU, Tuxedo black - Memento,
Misc.: rhinestones, foam mounting tape/squares

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon. 

1 comment :

  1. I love this card and using up scraps are always hard to do, great idea, sure I will CASE it....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...