Friday, May 24, 2013

Eastern Blooms Cards

My daughter loves anything Japanese, Chinese, dragon and Sakura blossom related.
So when an older SU stamp set called "Eastern Blossoms" caught my eye on ebay I new it would be the perfect stamp set with which to make something for her.

The set wasn't as cheap as I would have liked so in order to ensure that I would get ample use from it I did a few searches to see what other's have created. It looks to have been a very popular set in it's day as I found quite a few really nice and inspiring designs (hence 2 of mine are pretty much cased).

When my stamp set arrived I not only made my daughter's birthday card with it, but decided to also make a little card set for her.

I packed it in a matching homemade box. It turned out very nice:


The gift set consisted of several cards and matching envelopes, here are a few of them.
 
 

Supplies used:
Eastern Blooms - SU, large stamp and the Sakura blossom from the tripple flower stamp
Greeting: Say it with Scallops - SU
Scallopped square punch - PB (38 mm)
Scallop square punch - SU
Stripes embossing folder - SU
Black organza ribbon
5 x 1/4" clear rhinestones
Cardstock: Bazzill
foam dots to pop the sakura blossoms
Colorbox ink

I hand cut all the flowers - unfortunately there are no punches that work with this set.


This one was inspired by this beautiful card by "wannabestampin':

Supplies used:
Eastern Blooms - SU, large stamp, the Sakura blossom from the tripple flower stamp and the two small ones for the background
Black organza ribbon
53 x 1/4" black rhinestones
Cardstock: Bazzill
foam dots to pop the largest blossoms
Colorbox ink

as with the card above, I hand cut all the two flowers


Eastern Blooms - SU, large stamp and the Sakura blossom from the tripple flower stamp
Greeting: Heard from the Heart - SU
Red grosgrain ribbon
White embossing powder and Emboss ink
Cardstock: Bazzill
foam dots to pop the large blossom
Silver foil
Darice Bamboo embossing folder

as with the previous cards, I hand cut all the two flowers


This one is another case, based on this card by "eured99":

Stamps: Eastern Blooms - SU flower spring, Art of the Orient - SU for background strips
Greeting: Teeny Tiny Wishes - SU
Red grosgrain ribbon
Silver mesh
Colorbox inks
Cardstock: Bazzill
3/4" circle punch (PB) to create the "ticket" corners
Modern label - SU (I trimmed the center 'bubble' on either side) and Word window - SU
Dots embossing folder - SU

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...