Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pop-up Easter Box Card

Lately everywhere I look on the web I see pretty pop-up box cards. The design intrigued me and I had to give it a try. The different layers lend themselves perfectly for punch art pieces.
I came up with a cute little Easter card

This is what the card looks like closed (notice I even lined my envelope to match).


And this is the card open; it folds into a cute little box.

 
Side view of the open card
 

And a close up of the little punch art pieces


I used the basic templete/instructions found here, but adjusted the measurements to create a standard 4.25 x 5.5 inch card when closed. I only needed an 8.5 x 11 inch piece of cardstock to do this.
Trim your cardstock to 9" x 5.5", then score (black lines) and cut (red lines) as per image below.
I cut the decorative strip for the layers from the leftover cardstock (adjusting the length between scores to fit my smaller sized card).


Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Karen Foster (old)
Stamp: Easter Blossoms - SU
Ink: Colorbox
Punches for greeting: Key Tag - SU, Decorative Label - SU
Misc.: butcher twin for little bow, foam squares, wire to attach sun

Punch art:
Basket - based on these instructions posted last week
Bunny: 3/4" circle for the head, 7/8 or 1" circle for the body, long heart from SU Heart to Heart punch for the ears and little tiny flowers (5 flower corner punch - PB) for the tail
Bush: 2 3/8" scallop circle - SU, the base could eb ahdn cut but I used the bottom of my Tim Holtz branch Tree die. Tiny little flowers - 5 flower corner punch - PB
Misc pieces: Clouds - Cupcake Builder - SU, Sun: 2 large suns - PB, Grass - old All Night Media border punch

1 comment :

  1. SO cute!! I made a couple of these for Easter cards too!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...