Monday, November 24, 2014

Most Wonderful Time of the Year

My daughter started to make fun of me every time I was turning the simple note tag punch shape shape into something new. In her words " Mom, you're crazy!". So I swore I would put aside my note tag punch and create without touching it again for a while.

Honestly, I really did try to ignore that punch, but for some strange reason it keeps calling to me.
Today's punch art project does use several other punches, but it could not be helped, I used the note tag again.

For you Canadians out there, my snowman just wasn't complete without a tuque. For everyone else, he needed a knitted winter cap on his head,. I just wasn't feeling the usual black felt hat.

I think most of you will agree that the little knit set he's sporting is the pefect fit for this winter (especially here in Calgary, as we've already had quite a bit of snow and lows of - 25°C this season).


The finished card measures 5.5 x 5.5".
I lightly sponged some snowy hills on the white card front and then added my finished snowman. I stamped my greeting onto a scrap piece of white card that I tore across the top to look like snow covered ground. Thsi was atatched to the bottom, covering the snowman slightly, with foam squares. Lastly I added several die cut snowflakes adorned with rhinestones for a little extra bling.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: white
Stamp: Holidays - Club Scrap, Tiny Treasures - Club Scrap (used the larg knit pocket to create the knit texture on my punch art pieces)
Die: Small Snowflakes (DIE100-F) - Impression Obsession
Ink: Soft Sky, Marina Mist - both SU
Misc.: rhinestones and foam mounting squares

Full punch art instructions below:


Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

3 comments :

  1. Absolutely fabulous! I don't think you're crazy at all…I think you're extremely creative. I can't get over all the brilliant ideas you've been coming up with for your note tag punch. Don't let your daughter dissuade you from continuing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very clever girl, I love the snowman.
    Rene from OZ xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...