Saturday, November 1, 2014

Bird Bath Punch Art

This design came about while I was trying to make candle holders (upcoming project).
As I was putting together the various shapes I'd punched I realized this could easily be turned into a bird bath (and a water fountain) as well and these two pretty and serene designs were born.

First a closer look at the bird bath version.

 
This is a 5.5 x5.5" card. I first stamped the floral background then die cut my shape. Next I stamped the bird image, sponged on some colour and cut out just the bird. I assembled my punch art bird birth; then stampes it with the crackle texture. I added some shading with my daubers, inked all edges of my cardstock pieces and assembled the card front.
 
Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Stamps: Simply Sketched - SU, Serene Silhouettes - SU, Crackle - Impression Obsession
Ink: Always Artichoke, Eggplant Elegance, Basic Gray, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Real Red - all SU
Ink Markers: Always Artichoke, Perfect Plum, Eggplant Elegance - all SU
Dies: Banner Framelits - SU, Oval Framelite - SU
Misc.: pearl accents
 
And here is my second creation - a water fountain - using the same punh art design. 

 
This is a large 5.5 x 8.25" card. I first embossed a white piece of card 5.25 x 8" in size with the brick texture. Then cut the arch opening as well as the actual archway (2nd piece of card) using my Coluzzle. I hand cut 5 semi triangular stones. All pieces were sponged and inked along the edges. Next I created my punch art fountain. The base is made of 2 strips approx. 1/4" wide. The top one I angled the ends and the bottom one I rounded the corners using my note tag punch. I then stamped the crackle pattern, added shading and then stamped the moss texture to all pieces using my Lovely as a Tree stamp. I used this same stamp to create the greenery on my blue background. I also sponged the blue card with a little Marina Mist for a little texture. The water swirls were stamped with Versamark and clear embossed. I then assembled the archway. The stones on the arch were foam mounted, and then I again used foam squares to attach the arch over the background. The bushes are the tops of the tree stamp. I hand trimmed them and attached with additional foam squares on either side of the entry way.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree - SU, Sincere Salutations - SU, Crackle - Impression Obsession, Flourishes - Autumn Leaves
Ink: Always Artichoke, Marina Mist, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Basic Gray, Early Espresso - all SU,  Versamark,
Embossing folders: Brick - Sizzix - Tim Holtz, Tiny Mosaic - Provo Craft Cuttlebug
Misc. Foam mounting squares, Coluzzle arch template.
 
Punch art instructions below.

 
Thanks for stopping by! Comes back soon for more punch art projects.

2 comments :

  1. Love the bird bath/fountain!! Your second card with the archway is amazing!! Such a lovely scene it all makes! Thanks for another awesome punch art directions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your work, it is really appreciated

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...